Brand New Radial Engineering J48 Phantom Powered Active Direct Box
Professional musicians and sound engineers will be delighted by the Radial Engineering J48, a single-channel active direct box designed for active, battery-equipped acoustic guitars and basses and is intended for professional stage and recording studio use.
The unit retains the natural sound of the instrument by using 48V phantom power to produce a higher internal rail voltage, which allows the J48 to handle transients of up to 9V without chocking. The result is more dynamic headroom and less square wave distortion. It features a merge switch that sums stereo instruments to mono as well as ground lift, -15 dB pad, and 180° phase reverse switches. It's constructed from a rugged 14-gauge steel and comes with a 3-year transferable warranty.
- Low power consumption, high internal rail voltage for extended headroom; advanced design accommodates high output levels from active instruments.
- Internal timing chip and switching transformer maintain smooth rail voltage transition and headroom on input.
- Highly durable 14-gauge welded steel chassis
- Dual function inputs with 2-channel merge feature
- 1/4" Thru connector and XLR output connector for simultaneous sends to console and amplifier
- Polarity reverse switch
- Ground Lift and Pad switches
- 80 Hz filter eliminates low-end rumble, creates 3 dB of additional headroom
- No-slip bottom padding maintains positioning, protects unit from ground contamination