2023 Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass Olympic White
A Faster, More Effortless Feel
Featuring a neck that's narrower at the nut for a faster and more effortless feel, plus sleek new body style that mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster, the first Jazz Bass models were developed after Fender Salesman Don Randall requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model. By 1966, the evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable 'U-shaped hard rock maple neck and 7.25-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard with vintage tall frets, accented by the white neck binding and pearloid dots characteristic of production in 1966.
- Body: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood, Round-Laminated
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Scale Length: 34"
- Number of Frets: 20 Frets
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Inlay Shape: Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls and Switching: 2 Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Color: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell