2023 Fender Custom Shop 1961 Stratocaster Heavy Relic Aged Vintage White Over 3-Color Sunburst
The ’61 Strat Heavy Relic takes you back to a special time during the evolution of the venerable model when Leo Fender was constantly modifying, progressing, innovating and perfecting. 1961 was the final year of the round-lam or “slab” rosewood fingerboard, ushering in a new era of ’60s Strats along with many other changes and upgrades. On this model, a two-piece select alder body wears a well-worn Heavy Relic lacquer finish, and the quartersawn maple neck has a ’60s-style “oval C” profile, 9.5”-radius flat-lam rosewood fingerboard, and 21 Jumbo (6100) frets for classic feel and gigantic bends.
Custom Shop hand-wound Texas Special™ pickups provide extra output and are hooked up to Vintage Modified #2 wiring with Tone-Saver bleed circuitry and five-way switching, all on a three-ply mint green pickguard. Other features include a Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with tall metal spacer. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Finish: Heavy Relic Lacquer
- Body: 2-Piece Select Alder Body
- Neck: 5/4 Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: '60 Style Oval "C" Back-Shape
- Fretboard: Flat-Lam Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Neck Spec 1st: .790"
- Neck Spec 12th: .980"
- Frets: 21 Jumbo (6100)
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil
- Wiring: Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- Switch: 5-Way
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Tremolo: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Nut: Bone
- String Tree: Wing String Tree with Tall Metal Spacer
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
- Included Additional's: Strap; Certificate of Authenticity